Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Booooom!

The following is a slightly edited excerpt from an E-mail I sent to my wife earlier today. I guess it's OK to plaigerize oneself.

It was a macabre experience out there this morning. Our post office is a small metal shack. People have to wait outside until their turn to go in and mail their stuff. I was early, arriving just before the 8:00 A.M. opening time. I was the second in-line when we heard a big boom a couple of blocks away. I knew what it was immediately. Someone detonated an IED. The question was - how many hurt or dead? I looked on-line a little later and found out it killed an Afghani policeman. Some others were hurt, as well.

Life here goes on. As I mailed home a package brimming with love to my son a few hundred feet away death smiled and the life blood of a man ran into the gutter all because of a package filled with hate.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment