Wednesday, October 6, 2010

UDC Day Two

Although today was a long one it passed quickly. Medical review, equipment issue, and some last minute training was completed. One nice thing about this place is that you do not have to take everything that they have on the equipment list. Naturally you have to take your M40 protective mask and, for me, 4 sets of uniforms. I used my best judgement taking only essentials and ended up with a 3/4 full duffel bag. I'll let you know how this turns out. NOTE: IBA and ACH are issued in Kuwait.

Another nice amenity from this place is that they are taking some of us to the post office tomorrow to forward-ship boxes of stuff we won't need right away.I'll be down to a 1/2 a duffel bag and a much lighter rolling duffel. We will do a class group photo in uniform before we check out of our hotels and travel to Dulles.

This will probably be the last post for a few days. I expect to be in Kuwait on Thursday. If all goes well I will be in Kabul before the end of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment