Thursday, November 18, 2010

Departure For Kuwait

The last day at the UDC was a short one. We came in wearing our uniforms and did last minute classes and paperwork to finalize everything prior to our impending departure. After the obligatory group photo, those of us who wanted to were loaded up on one of the buses and went to the Post Office to mail things either home or to ourselves at our final destination. I did the latter to lighten my load.
Since I had a rental car I departed the hotel for Dulles just before lunch. I wanted to get checked in and relax before the journey. The drive was uneventful and the check-in took some time but was easy. I found my departure gate and then found a micro brewery / food joint. I proceeded to enjoy several types of beer before I boarded my fight. To say the least I was a bit inebriated when I boarded. The bill was close to $50 but I don’t expect to have another drink until March of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment