Friday, November 26, 2010

The Bazaar

Every Sunday from 1000 until 1600 the local merchants come to NKC to sell their wares. They set up just inside one of the Entry Control Points (ECP). The area is separated from the rest of the compound. Here are a few pictures.
Stuff.

No, he's not selling those generators in the back. He certainly would like to get his hands on one though. If he can only figure out how to get one up under his man dress and abscond with it.


We buy a lot of scarves, hats, and blankets from this guy. That's my room mate negotiating a deal.
  
<> 
<>
 
Some lapis. A local semi-precious stone.

This is the generator guy again. I got some interesting Buddha stuff for my wife from him.


More stuff.







Rugs. Still expensive over here. I think they come from Pakistan or Iran.


Lapis and some turquoise jewelry.


This is the same stand as in the above picture. I bought some lapis jewelry for my wife from this guy. Note the lapis bowls behind him on the table.



No comments:

Post a Comment