Friday, September 24, 2010

Close Out At Fort Riley

I am leaving. Not all paperwork is done. It seems the last few days folks have been coming out of the woodwork trying to get involved in my deployment. Three months ago they wouldn't give me the time of day nor were interested in what I was up to. Additionally, I called the DOD Passport/Visa liaison office at the State Department in D.C. They have my passport - it was slated to get a visa sometime next month. FAIL. I will travel on my tourist passport.

I leave Fort Riley with a deep feeling of frustration. I want so badly to name names and agencies and wear out the ICE application. However, I am sure that I am partly to blame. When turned away, as this process evolved, I worked through all the issues myself. I should have pushed back at the apathy I encountered. It wasn't until the end that I couldn't reconcile where some of the most important documents should go. I will address the deployment process at the Deployment Center in Virginia and try to come up with a way to improve the flow of information.

My next entry should come from the United States CORPS of Engineer Deployment Center in Winchester, VA.

CLARIFICATION: I work in what is called the MSE. In the MSE there are several G staff sections. Mine is G3. I have recieved nothing but the best support from the G3.

1 comment:

  1. For those who don't work with Marcus, he is always looking for the way to improve stuff rather than just blame someone. He does it again here. Some things [or people] are beyond help or repair from outside! God Bless you Marcus and come home safe!

    ReplyDelete