Monday, September 27, 2010

Fort Riley Closeout - Suplemental

Why was I surprised? I arrived at MHK only to be turned away from my flight. It seems SATO Travel / Carlson-Wagonlit would not pay for my flight due to my orders not being in order. I called Carlson-Wagonlit last week to check on the status of my travel reservations and to see if they needed me to send them copies of my DA Form 1610. I was told not to worry, that the Deployment Center would send my orders over to them. I had sent copies to my liaison so it sounded like a plausible course of action. Never-the-less I was a bit suspicious. My fears played out today...............

I don't know what to do next. I will contact the Deployment Center (I've already left a voicemail with my liaison.) first thing tomorrow. There is still the problem of making my orders acceptable. The rage within me has tied me into knots. I am looking at a delay of at least a week. I feel let down by the very people that are supposed to help and I feel I let down the Munitions Office in Afghanistan that is waiting on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment