Monday, December 20, 2010

Food At NKC And In The Office

One of the best things at NKC is also a curse. We have a first rate Dining Facilty in the admin building just one flight of stairs down from my office. The food is very good and there's plenty of it. Since we live like sardines (packed in metal boxes) and the only other place to hang out is the office folks typically gravitate to the Dining Facilty, when its open, just to get away. There are TVs there, soft drinks of every kind, cakes, pies, fresh fruit, condiments and, of course, Baskin Robbins ice cream. This, as well as the food on the main line, short order line and salad bar. So it is no wonder that people tend to add to their weight when they are here. The living conditions and stress are certainly enablers.

I decided this past month to reduce my meals to one a day; and even then trying to steer away from carbs. I do grab a pop-tart or something in the morning to cushion the daily blow of the doxycycline anti-biotics, but thats it.

When we get the munchies late at night we snack up in the office:

The "kitchen" in the J-4 Munitions Office.

A close up of the gift George sent over. Thank you, George. Too bad you couldn't send any Yakimandu.

I don't know if I've lost any wieght but at least I've stopped gaining it (as far as I know). The coffee, chips, salsa, and sport drink mixes keep us going during those long shifts.

1 comment:

  1. And I made the mistake you might need something to snack on! Dumb me.

    ReplyDelete