Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Nightly Bathroom Ensemble

I choose to shower at night. Most nights I get back to the metal box about 2200 after work . Showering at that time usually means that the shower containers are mostly empty and there is hot water available. It takes 74 steps to get to the closest one. This time of year its in the low 30s or upper 20s when I go out.

This what I wear.

Years from now two old GI buddies will meet and reminisce about the old days. One will turn to the other and say "You remember back at NKC and that weird guy that walked around carrying his toiletries in that orange plastic pumpkin?". His buddy will say "Yeah. He was weird. Civilian guy, right? Always wore swimming trunks in the cold too. I wonder what happened to him?".  Little will they know I was in Kansas living happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment