Saturday, December 11, 2010

Tough Week + * UPDATED *

Since Thursday, 2 December, I have been placed in a unique position. I can't elaborate at this point but I need to express my fatigue and frustration from the effects of the last 10 days. I believe I have put in over 75 hours overtime since then. I pray it culminates tomorrow.

The first few days sleep came easy but now I can't turn off my mind when I return to my metal box. I lay sleepless wondering what this is all about and why it came to be. Things are functioning and nothing is falling through the cracks, per se. It is a high price to pay. I wasn't ready but I am pulling it off. By 1800 everday I am wiped out. Excuse my rant - more to follow.

* UPDATE *

The tough period is over. Since 2 December I was the only one, besides the TAMIS contractor, in the Munitions Office. Technically I was the number one ammo guy in Theater. This was because the boss was TDY out of country like the top Ammo Tech who has been gone since late October. I may have been numero uno but I certainly wasn't, in my opinion, the most qualified. I never expected to be put in this kind of position during the deployment. I handled it alright - as far as I know. The pressure and the Theater level staff responsibilities were difficult to handle. I've taken the courses and I have served in similiar positions but with only 70 or so days here it was quite an adventure. The boss returned this morning and we are still functioning. I've learned a lot and have a better situational awareness. I'm sure I will sleep better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment